Oatmeal has been around for decades, & for good reason. Everyone & I do mean EVERYONE, should be eating oatmeal or incorporating it in your daily diet! Have you ever wondered why a lot, or most elderly people start their day with oatmeal? Wisdom my readers, wisdom! And not only elderly, people in general realize how nutritious it is, & they feel/see results! There are some major benefits of oats! When I think back on my childhood memories for breakfast, my mother always made our family oatmeal. Why? It’s filling, super healthy, & will carry you a long way! So, right about now you should be asking yourself, “do I need to start eating oatmeal more often?” Absolutely! Oatmeal can be polished in so many different ways. You can add nuts, your favorite fruits, cinnamon, or even prepare overnight oats! Either way, get those oats in!
Here’s 10 health benefits of why you should eat oatmeal:
- Oatmeal is a whole grain, & eating whole grains can lower your risk for several diseases, including high blood pressure & type 2 diabetes.
- Tip~ when choosing oatmeal, it should list 1 main ingredient (whole grain oats). So try to AVOID prepackaged oatmeal that may be high in both sodium & sugar & lower in beneficial fiber.
- Oatmeal is a source of fiber, which means when you eat oats for breakfast you’re going to feel full for a long time!
- Eating oatmeal can lower your cholesterol.
- Oatmeal is a source of iron, magnesium, & B vitamins.
- Oats are rich in antioxidants.
- Oats are great for your skin. It can help treat dry & itchy skin, including eczema.
- Oatmeal is incredibly nutritious. They contain more protein & fat than most grains.
- Oats are among the healthiest grain on earth!
- Eating oatmeal in the mornings not only keep you fuller longer, but helps aid in weight loss.