This week, I decided to focus & blog on some healthy drinks for you enjoy. I will also include some pretty helpful information, along with the benefits of drinking them. So, who doesn’t enjoy a great refresher or drink? Not only that, it’s health packed! For those who know me fairly well, you know that I’m a HUGE fan of ginger! I mean I love it! Not only for its spiced kick, but because of its SUPER nutritional value. Same rule apply’s for lemon. You can pretty much add some fresh lemon to a variety of drinks & dishes. It will take the health content to a whole new level of greatness for your body. Whether mixed with tea, or a stand alone, you’re winning! In this particular recipe, I added some fresh ginger & lemon to my black tea. And let me tell you, I was a sipping sister all morning long. So yummy & calming! You simply add you a good chunk of fresh ginger into your boiling water w/tea bag, reduce heat, turn off, pour into your favorite mug, squeeze in a 1/2 of lemon, add your sweetener (I used organic pure cane sugar) drink & enjoy!
3 Health benefits of lemon:
- Lemons contain more potassium than apples or grapes.
- Lemons contain vitamin C, citric acid, flavonoids, B-complex, vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium, & fiber.
- Lemons are a alkalizing power food!
3 Health benefits of ginger:
- Ginger tea reduces nausea & vomiting.
- Ginger improves digestion, circulation, reduces arthritic inflammation, & relieves stress.
- Ginger strengthens immunity.