I think the name pretty much speaks for itself. Have you ever thrown together a dish, whether it be a smoothie, or a meal with very limited ingredients because it was all that you had at the time, and it turns out to be everything??!!! And some??!!!! Well, today was that day.
I basically threw together what I had in my fruit basket, and what was left in the freezer. I knew I wanted a green smoothie because I haven’t gotten all of my greens in for the last couple of days like I’d planned, and my body was telling me. I was actually craving some greenery, and trust me, your body can crave what you’re lacking. So, here’s what I threw together in this mean green smoothie. And by no means, don’t you dare allow the name to intimidate you!! So, let’s get to it!!
Ingredients: Kale, Spinach, Avocado, Banana, Ginger, Lemon, Pineapple, & Raw Honey
- A big handful of kale & spinach. (the more the merrier if you choose to do so)
- 4 slices of frozen avocado
- 1/2 of a frozen banana
- 4 small chunks of fresh ginger (if you’re a fan of ginger, add to your discretion)
- 1/2 of a fresh squeezed lemon
- 1/2 cup of frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 tsp of raw honey
- add about a cup of water (I have a nutri bullet, so I added close to the max line in the large container)
Once you’ve added all ingredients, and your liquid, blend!! Now, enjoy your green goodness!! Thank me later!!😬